ASHAR ALO was an initiative by some energetic youths for providing responses to uplift moral values at last south-west part of Bangladesh in 1994. Although during British Government, the area was declared as a municipality at 1867 within the Indian sub-continent, the area did not advance towards modern life-lights. Rather it has backward day by day in education, cultural and socio-economic status for being attached with 137km. Indian border, religious leadership, artificer shrimp culture and ignoring manner of existing govt.
So, for meeting up of time demands, the rationality of AHAR ALO was increasing at the area. In 2001, the organization is established perfectly as a non-political & non-profitable community based service delivery organization through the registration of Social Welfare Department and later NGO Affairs Bureau of Bangladesh. Now ASHAR ALO is response to the needs of the socio-economic emancipation of distress, deprived and underprivileged people mobilizing available local resources especially manpower, water, soil and community experiences. As well as ASHAR ALO intends to develop of efficiency culture in economy through human resources development bringing women in mainstream of improvement enhance human dignity, brotherhood and social justice in its operation areas.
Sakhipur, Debhata, Satkhira
Establish an environment of friendly and plateful society with gender, cast and class equal.
ASHAR ALO envisages that the transformation of existing realities of life easy process and in the context of Bangladesh viz: social justice, human security violation of rights safe environment, economy sustainability addressing the eight context of MDG especially focusing on women and children it is product to address the process to change the society as of the needs.
- To initiate extreme poor addressing challenging women to be financial self-reliant by resource mobilization, teaching income generation skill & providing economical support.
- To create awareness and supports in divers sectors such as health, education, environment, self-government & water and sanitation.
- Social rehabilitee abandoned, orphan, destitute children and girls on the slump and hardcore poor, ethnic and challenging faces families.
- Promotion & protection of human rights addressing women & child rights
- Protecting & awareness raising on reducing gender-based violence prioritizing disable, ethnicity and minorities.
- To raise awareness against drug & HIV/AIDs.
- To practice environmental friendship shrimp firming with respecting labour rights.
- To unite with like-minded NGOs from local to national level
- · Vulnerable Group Development (VGD)
- · Coastal Environment Protection & Forestation program
- · Women &children Trafficking Prevention Program
- · Drugs & HIV/ Aids Prevention Program
- · Disaster Development Program
- · Friends Chula Program
- · Health, Nutrition & Family Planning Program
- · Adult Education and Development Program
- · Pure Water & Sanitation Program
- · Combined Fish Farming Program
- · Poultry Farming Program
- · Goat Rearing Farming Program
- · Food Processing Program
- · Promoting right to women by eliminating all forms all forms of violence upon them program
- · Disabled Development Program
- · Child Rights Protection Program
- · Good governance and people empowerment for local Development Program
- · Secondary Education development Project
- · Sponsorship Education development program
- Co- Education Development Program
Sakhipur, Debhata, Satkhira
List of Excutive Body
- .Md. Abdul Gani - President
- Md. Ashraful Islam - Vice President
- Abu Abdullah Al Azad - Executive Director
- Md.Shirajul Islam - Treasure
- Helena Parvin - Executive Member
- Monira Parvin - Executive Member
- Md. Abdul Khaleque - Executive Member
Chief of NGO
Name: ABU ABDULLAH AL - AZAD
Designation: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Phone & Mobile No. (01712789149, 01972789149)
Network / Forum
Micro credit related information Last three years: (If necessary)
|Financial year||Amount of Savings||Loan disbursement (Cumulative)||Amount of Total fund (Tk)|
Project List ( Total Project : 1 )
Project Name : Vulnerable Group Development (VGD) Programme
Doner : Ministry of Woman and Child Affairs
Sector : Ministry of Woman and Child Affairs
Area : Asasuni
Time Line : 2017-2018
Brief of activities :
Vulnerable Group Development (VGD) Programme
Ministry of Woman and Child Affairs had taken various social safety net program with the assistance of Mohila Bishoyak Odhidaptor. One of the important program is Vulnerable group development (VGD. Vulnerable group development (VGD) is an Ultra poor household development program. Ashar Alo organization got Vulnerable Group Development Program (VGD) 2015-2016 cycle. Projetc area is Asashuni upzailla under the district of Satkhira. Project activity started March, 2017 and will continue 31 December, 2018. Under the project various activities are running, which are; Life Skill education, income generating skill development training, deposite savings, assist food distribution activities and will create opportunity to get loan etc). under the project involvement beneficiaries awareness will be enhance, skill development will be increase, will increase their financial and social empowerment and will involve national main truck of sustainable development.
- Mohila Bishyok odhidaptor has given a scope Ashar Alo organization to provide above mention development activities to the 2769 Ultra Poor households beneficiaries.
- Ministry of Woman and Child Affairs ( Mohila Mishoyok Odhidaptor) various responsible officer which is Upazilla Mohila Bishok Officer, District Mohila Bishok Officer, Dhaka based various level officer and local level various administor visited ashar Alo Vulnerable group development (VGD) project various activities and given feedback. We carry on their advice, suggestions and try our best to implement the project various activities.