Bangladesh Nazarene Mission
Bangladesh Nazarene Mission began its operation in Bangladesh in August 1994 with Community Based Health Care project involving immunization of children and child and mother health and hygiene programs. This project remained the focus for the first seven years expanding to 55 villages covering over 55,000 people in three Upazillas of Dinajpur district and one Upazilla in Gopalgonj district. To address the needs of severe flooding in Satkhira district in 2000 a significant relief and subsequent rehabilitation project was initiated leading to child and mother focused community development. In 2002 a nutritional rehabilitation program was started in 17 primary schools for about 1430 children. Also, in 2002, Nazarene Compassionate Ministry (NCM) began the Leadership Development Program targeted towards developing qualified professionals with integrity, commitment, and Professionalism. In 2004 the decision was made to focus primarily on Child-Focused Community Development. In this year, a comprehensive nutritional rehabilitation program was initiated in 44 additional primary schools in four districts. In 2005 a participatory Child-Focused Community Development Program was started in Nilphamari district and an integrated Community Development Program was started in Naogaon district. Expansion and implementation of additional community development projects, Child Development, Women Empowerment, food for work and relief and rehabilitation programs continued throughout the recent years.
Child Development, Nutrition and Food Security Project, Disaster Risk Reduction, CFCDP, Climate Change Adaptation, Tree Plantation, Food Security, Relief, Rehabilitation Programs are also continued over a decade in the recent years. In 2017, along with the regular program of Child development, immunization, health training, SHG and federation, education, health awareness, BNM disturbed rice, lentils, potato, iodized salt, soap, etc. to 9,998 households for flood-affected people. For the affected Rohingya people, BNM has already distributed some NFIs for 1,750 families in the first phase in the second phase 5,200 families. BNM is operating Child-Friendly center for the children and adolescent.
Shetpur, Budhata, Assasuni, Satkhira
Bangladesh Nazarene Mission (BNM) exists to incarnate the holistic development of Christ’s compassion to the world and envisage a country where every people live with dignity.
BNM is committed to response the poor, underprivileged and marginalized people, especially the children and mothers irrespective of caste, creed, religion and race; facilitating the means of transformation and empowering people.
KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To facilitate the holistic development of the children and ensure their education and rights
- To promote gender equality and establish women rights
- To improve economic conditions, food security, and livelihood of poor, marginalized and disadvantaged people
- To improve the health and nutrition status of people with special emphasis on women and children
- To respond to emergency needs and to make the communities resilient to disaster
- To reduce vulnerability due to environmental degradation through Climate Change Adaptation
- To build the capacity of the communities by establishing their own institution and infrastructure.
MAJOR AREA OF OPERATION
- Child Development
- Women Empowerment
- Food Security
- Health & Nutrition
- Community Development
- Relief and Rehabilitation
House# 16, Road# 14, Sector# 12, Uttara , Dhaka-1230, Bangladesh
Shetpur, Budhata, Assasuni, Satkhira
List of Excutive Body
- Mr. John Mondal, Chairman
- Mr. Anjon Moses Bose, Vice chairman
- Mr. James Baroi, Secretary
- Mr. Glen Kollol Khan Jony, Treasurer
- Mr. Jahangir Kabir, Member
- Mr. Swapon Baske, Member
- Mrs. Dhoneshory Roy, Member
Chief of NGO
Name: Mr. Milon Patwary
Designation: Executive director
Phone & Mobile No. +8855087241 (01716615449)
Network / Forum
Micro credit related information Last three years: (If necessary)
|Financial year||Amount of Savings||Loan disbursement (Cumulative)||Amount of Total fund (Tk)|