Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organization. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries. Inspired by Islamic values, we support the world’s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmers to focus on both humanitarian and development challenges.
We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others.
Exemplifying Islamic values, Islamic Relief will mobilize resources, build partnerships and develop local capacity, as the organizations works to:
- Enable communities to mitigate the effect of disasters, prepare for their occurrence and respond by providing relief, protection and recovery.
- Promote integrated development and environmental custodianship with a focus on sustainable livelihoods.
- Support the marginalized and vulnerable to voice their needs and address root causes of poverty.
We allocate these resources regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return.
House 10, Road 10, Block K, Baridhara,
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh.
Shaon Supar Market (2nd Floor).
Munshiganj Bazar, Shymnagar, Satkhira.
List of Excutive Body
- Akmal Shareef, Country Director
- Golam Motasim Billah, Head of Humanitarin Programe
- Md.Mojibur Rahman, Head of Finance
- Munirul Islam, Manager- Climate Change and Disaster Resilience
- Dr.K.M.Zalal Uddin, Head of Human Resurce and Development
- Md.Moniruzzaman, Manager-Chaild Welfare Programe
- Enamul Hoque Sarkar, Manager-Livelihood and Community Development
- Humayon Kabir, Operation Support Manager
- Sam Jaber, Procurement Manager
- Rakibul Islam, Audit Manager
- Munshi Mahabubur Rahman, Coordinator- Monitoring,Evulation and Learning
Chief of NGO
Name: Akmal Shareef
Designation: Country Director
Phone & Mobile No. +880-29893458 (+880-29893458)
|Management and Supervision||1||0||1|
Network / Forum
Micro credit related information Last three years: (If necessary)
|Financial year||Amount of Savings||Loan disbursement (Cumulative)||Amount of Total fund (Tk)|
Project List ( Total Project : 1 )
Project Name : Multi Sectoral Development Project (MSDP)
Doner : Islamic Relief Worldwide, Birmingham, UK
Sector : Disaster Risk Reduction
Area : Gabura & Ramjannagar Union under Shymnagar Upazila
Time Line : November, 2017 to October, 2020
Brief of activities :
We work with the most vulnerable people in disaster-prone areas. We give special emphasis to socially excluded and marginalized people, women, and older persons. We help local communities and institutions to build and scale up their capacity. We promote and integrate traditional and indigenous knowledge with the scientific approach of our academic partners and research institutions-creating practical, replicable, and impact-oriented solutions which strengthen community and family resilience. We passionately believe that people have the right to be protected. Local and national government institutions have a duty to ensure that this happens. Consequently, we also invest in advocacy and actively develop the leadership capacity of vulnerable people. This makes sure that poor people have their voices heard, and their priorities and concerns are included in local and national planning.